Saturday, September 16, 2006

A Tale of Two Men

So, I’ve fallen into regular communication with the Ex again. I’ve come to terms with this. In fact, I really have missed talking with him. He says he can’t wait for me to visit, and he’s sending me a package in the meantime. He calls me almost daily just to say “Hi” and “I miss you.” I don’t really know where it’s going, but I’m just going to roll with it.

Today the Soldier IM-ed me. He’s currently stationed in Kuwait until he gets shipped to Iraq. It’s the first time we’ve talked in a couple weeks.

Meanwhile, the Ex has been badgering me to know who the mystery man I slept with after we broke up is. At first I didn’t think there was any reason for me to tell him, but lately it’s really been eating away at me. I’m feeling guilty about the fact that I slept with one of his teammates, something that I had denied in previous conversations.

I know I shouldn’t have to feel this way because only weeks after we broke up, he got back with his ex-girlfriend, a bitch who was on the rugby team with me. So really, what right would he have to be upset about my hooking up with one of his teammates? Furthermore, the Soldier is overseas now, so it’s not like they could have a run-in.

I know this isn’t a particularly entertaining or witty entry, but it’s something that’s been weighing heavily on my mind. I don’t know if I should tell him or not. Any feedback on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

2 comments:

Miranda said...

Tough call!!! It's going to hurt him since it's one of your team mates. But he was with his ex gf. while you guys split, so you're even. And what's in the past is in the past. It sounds like he wants to be with you still, since he knows you did cheat, just not who with. Does it really matter? Does he really need to know? I wouldn't tell him at this point in time.

Samantha said...

Technically you're even, by each hooking up with a teammate, but since you lied about it, that might make him mad. Is there any chance he'll find out? Like from a mutual friend? If there's not, then just tell him it was someone from home. Since he hooked up with someone else, he shouldn't be making you feel guilty!