Sunday, September 10, 2006

The Ex

I was entering my final year of college when I decided to join the school rugby team as a way to meet new people. I showed up to the practice with my friend with the intention of finding a boy to bed. I didn't know much about the game of rugby other than it was a game popular in England and Ireland and was, in layman's terms, a mix of football and soccer and was very aggressive. And from what I had gathered, most of the guys who played were dead sexy.

The second I showed up, I was not disappointed. The team was comprised of maybe some of the best looking guys on the entire campus. They weren't all Adonis', but on the whole, they were quite impressive looking. I stood and watched them do tackling drills completely mesmerized. I guarantee there's no bigger turn-on than watching guys play rugby.

But I digress. Of all the guys who caught my eye, there was one who didn't. As the season progressed, two of my friends began fancying this fellow, and I couldn't care less. Although I didn't have much of a sexual attraction to him, we became great friends. I began picking up on the signals as time passed , like the way he looked at me and singled me out. Eventually, we started dating. Internally I gloated, because I was the envy of several of the girls who had all been vying for the attention.

It was a whirlwind romance, lasting only a few months. I had to overcome the hurdle that he was a devout Mormon. Inwardly I groaned, but remained resolute that I would defeat God. And sure enough, in two weeks, we'd overcome his reservations about sex and all that What Would Jesus Do? nonsense. I was hailed as a hero by our teammates and my other friends for triumphing over his foolish religion, and luring him over to the dark side. Eventually God won out this battle, as he began to repent and ended up pushing away from me, resulting in the demise of our relationship.

We tried to remain friends until he decided to reunite with his ex, a skinny little twat whom my friends and I already loathed, and became incommunicado. As quickly as he'd dropped into my life, he dropped out.

No comments: