Thursday, September 14, 2006

Growing Into Sexy

When does ridiculous become sexy?

I'm sure we've all seen people transform before our eyes.

Today, I give you a basic case study with a coworker of mine. He is probably the most Italian guy I've never met. Tall, soft and curly black hair that flutters in the wind, layered Polo shirts with the collars up and other button downs, and pants that I used to believe were girls' -- low-waisted, tight and flared. And the shoes -- boat shoes are key. Casual, formal, anything. And the voice -- so deep!

I'll call this guy Giovanni, only because it's the most Italian name ever. And at first, I just laughed at him to myself because he seemed so ridiculous!

But then, I told a female coworker of mine, "He makes me smile." She readily agreed. All of a sudden, his incredible Italian-ness had progressed from something to laugh at him about to something to laugh with him about.

So when did it blossom into full-out SEXY?

I'm still shocked.

Now I just look at him and want to tear his clothes off. Just EVERYTHING about him -- oh my God! This guy is SO ITALIAN!!

We were talking today. He was saying to me and a friend of ours, "I need some female companionship this weekend. Not necessarily sex, but....I just want to be held."

"I knew you'd say that!" our friend giggled. "You did just want to be held!"

Well, I then told him that a friend of mine -- that's you of course, Miranda! -- would likely be going out Manhunting this weekend. And that she had a type. TALL ITALIAN MEN. And that there was a certain person in front of me who fit that description.

He actually sat up higher and said that we should go out, the two groups of us, meet up, and see what would happen. "But not, like, you and me," he added hastily. "Because we work together."

Well.

He might have said no....but the sheer FACT that he acknowledged that in the first place means something, doesn't it?

It also didn't hurt that he gave me a double take when I came in wearing my tall black boots. That boy is SO Italian....

Anyways, thoughts?

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Tap that! I want you to conquer the entire city!

Or, save him for Miranda!

Do you want to start an office romance? What if I walk in on you blowing him?

Whatever, you're young. Have fun.

Miranda said...

WOW Samantha, wow! Honestly, it sounds like he likes you. Just the fact that he said that comment in front of you and quickly added hastily you could not get involved.

Maybe we'll run into him this weekend...who knows? But honestly, I feel like he's your guy already. I would love to see these Italian girl pants. I'll talk to you tomorrow.