Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Petrol Pick Up

Today at work I scored me a phone number. I’m not one of those types used to being given numbers, so it wasa pleasantly surprising ego boost.

A guy and his friend, came into the restaurant today and were my first table. Right off the bat I found them unbearably arrogant and obnoxious. They were wearing their dirty work clothes, reeking of petrol, and plopped themselves into the booth, sprawling across the seat. They even had their legs and feet on the bench. I found it to be incredibly irritating, because to me, that’s just disrespectful. I got them their drinks and came back and they were still mullingo ver the menu. I got them some chips and salsa and they still hadn’t decided. One of them, Petrol Pete, complained his sweet tea was “too sweet” and had m etake it back and make a new one of half unsweetened-half sweet tea.

They made obnoxious jokes during the course of their meal and I typically walked away from the table rolling my eyes at their asshattery. When they had finally finished their meals and it was time for the check, they said, “Oh, I thought this one was onCarrie.” I forced laughter and replied, “Ha, if I hadmoney, I would” trying to be friendly, to which Petrol Pete snorted and replied, “Yeah right.”I just whatevered and walked away to run their credit card through and thanked them and told them to have agreat day.

Later when I picked up the credit cardslip, I saw that on his copy, Petrol Pete had left me a note with his name and his phone number that read“Call me if your [sic] not doing anything tonight!”with a cartoon smiley face sticking its tongue out. I laughed and stuck it in my book, I always save phone numbers, even though I never call, just to serve as a pick-me-up on days when I’m not feeling super sexy. In my defense, he was probably at least 10-15 years older than me, and just wasn’t my type.

Besides, I think I’m falling for McRugby all over again…

1 comment:

Samantha said...

And real men drink sweet tea. Hahaha.

Can you imagine them talking when you were away from the table? "I should ask for her number." "Yeah, do it!" "No, I'm chicken." "Leave yours, dude." "Oh yeah, that's better." So cute!

Even though they were repulsive, I bet that felt awesome.