Monday, October 29, 2007

Waiting for the Call

I met a great guy on Friday night.

Is he tall, dark and skinny?

Well, he's definitely tall! He's over six feet. I wouldn't call him skinny, but he's thin. He's got some muscles, but I wouldn't call it an athletic build at all.

And he's blonde.

I've never gone for a blonde guy before.

But he's cute.

It was the perfect situation. I was out at the bar with two of my girlfriends, Blondie and Windy, and we met these two guys, Cute Guy and DJ. (I can't think of a decent nickname for Cute Guy yet -- time will tell -- but DJ is actually a DJ.)

Windy and DJ liked each other, so they spent much of the night together, culminating in kissing in the street as we waited for a cab. Cute Guy and I didn't so much as kiss, but it was rainy outside, so every now and then he would put his arms around me to shield me from the rain.

(Don't worry about Blondie -- a few weeks ago, she had met a guy of her own at the bar, so this worked out perfectly! We each met one guy!)

Windy had to get back to her place, so she got a cab first, and the rest of us got a separate cab. DJ was staying over with Cute Guy (unfortunately for Windy, DJ was visiting from out of state), and Blondie was staying over with me. In a twist of luck, Cute Guy lived pretty close to me! (He kept mentioning all night, "I can't believe you live so close to me.") Since Cute Guy was a shorter distance away, we decided to go to his place, and he'd drive us the rest of the way back.

Cute Guy has a dog.

I do not like animals, especially dogs.

I hope he didn't notice.

To be fair, the dog was friendly, and I guess one could say it was cute. Blondie thought so.

After a bit of time there, we headed back to my place and hung out for about an hour. We had to get up early the next day, so I apologized for being such a crappy host, and they left.

As I walked them out, I asked them if we were going to hang out again. They assured me that Windy had already invited them to her birthday celebration, set to take place this Saturday. Great. I don't remember if they asked for my number or if I offered it -- I wish I remembered!! -- but either way, Cute Guy put it in his phone.

That was Friday night.

It is now Monday night.

Is he going to call?!?!

The three-day waiting period has already passed!!

I thought that we got along great! He gave me a kiss on the cheek and hugged me before he left. When he was over, he sat next to me on the couch and leaned his head on my shoulder at one point. He held me in the rain. He seems to be into me.

Then why hasn't he called me yet?

I am so attracted to him. He's a manly man. He's not one of the usual dark, skinny, perfectly groomed guys that I usually like -- and I'm thrilled about it! Ooh, also, he used to be in the military. :-)

Okay. Back to waiting.

The World Series ended last night, and there were games on two of the past three nights since I've seen him. It was the Boston Red Sox vs. the Colorado Rockies, and if I'm not mistaken, I believe he's a Red Sox fan. Being a guy (and a manly man!) he must have watched them. That's probably a good reason why he didn't call me.

Now, here are a few other factors:

--Windy and DJ have each other's numbers
--Windy and DJ friended each other on Facebook
--Through Windy, I friended DJ on Facebook
--I found DJ's Myspace through Facebook
--I found Cute Guy's Facebook and Myspace profiles through DJ -- but they're both set to private

Since I don't have his number, I think I'm going to friend Cute Guy on Facebook tomorrow. I was going to yesterday, but Windy suggested waiting until tomorrow.

Thoughts???? What do I do now?!?!?!?! I really like this guy! I like him a lot more than most guys I meet!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Hrmm tough call, I'm usually pretty bad at reading this shit properly because I try way too often to "pay it cool" and come off as really low-key and nonchalant, when in actuality I'm completely neurotic and paranoid.

I think it's been an acceptable amount of time that you've waited for the phone call and I don't think that friending Cute Guy (Side note: what branch of the military was he in? That could also provide a nickname...) on Facebook is stalkerish. Just don't do it on MySpace too. I'd recommend friending him and maybe sending along a funny/witty message along the lines of "fancy seeing you here." Make it light-hearted and humorous to prevent looking like a desperate stalker.

Let me know what happens!

Carrie said...

"Play it cool" not "pay." Whoops.