Sunday, October 21, 2007

Rocky and Oma-gross-a

Apparently I wasn't the only one that had become enamored with all of Rocky's charms. Oma-gross-a, a petite Spanish single mother with sagging breasts and a mouthful of horseteeth who bore a striking resemblance to Omarosa (of "The Apprentice" fame), but even uglier (if that's possible), had also taken notice.

Immediately following our sexcapades, Rocky did a complete 180. All interest in me had been lost. He wasn't the commitment type, I knew this. He'd already gotten what he'd wanted so he was moving on. I just was reluctant to let it go. People began to take note of his callous treatment of me (am I a glutton for punishment or what? Seriously where do I find these guys?)

He put up a wall. Cold and distant were the most apt adjectives to describe his interactions with me. And I sat by like a moonstruck moron watching him use the same lines he'd used on me to woo Oma-gross-a. I was still fairly new to "the Game" and aside from the Soldier, had never really encountered anyone with the cowboy attitude of Rocky. What I saw as the grounds for a new potential relationship, he regarded as nothing more than another notch in the belt. I have to take atleast some of the blame for the resulting mess because I had verbally agreed to a no-strings attached situation, despite what I wanted emotionally.

I would pretty much go out and make an ass of myself, mooning over Rocky only to be spurned and disrespected. One of the quieter guys at work, Dandy (short for Dandelion, on account of he always managed to land himself "in the weeds") was always there to tell me that Rocky was being a prick and to not get caught up in his bullshit and to realize I was too good for him and blah blah supportcakes.

Sniff Sniff.

Smell that state of vulnerability?

Yeaaaahhh, I think we all know what direction my life is headed in next...

No comments: