Tuesday, October 09, 2007

"Oh! Rocky!"

I walked into work the next morning and was met with the laughter and teasing of both my trainers and co-workers alike. Thanks to one loudmouth, the word of mine and Rocky's against the wall indiscretions had spread throughout the workplace like wildfire. I am a modest girl by nature, so I felt a little embarassment, but I wasn't ashamed. I just held my head high and just thought of the previous night as being a step into the new direction that my life was about to take.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't planning on being completely carefree and acting like a slut, for lack of a better word. I felt that I had been too conservative with my sex life up until this point and figured my libido could use a kickstart. It wasn't healthy to moon over the same assholes who time and time again stomped all over my heart and then manipulated me to letting them back into my life. I figured I could use a little more fun in my life and try casual dating, rather than strictly entering into monogomous relationships. I did not however, want a repeat of the Soldier incident, one that I find most regrettable now.

My new job was the best environment to launch the brand new me. It was the first catalyst to my social blossoming in a new locale. I'd never really attempted to enjoy the nightlife down here or meet new people, and once I stepped out, I found that I was actually quite the hot commodity. The attention I was getting from guys everywhere was unparalleled and I was loving every minute of it.

Although despite my new vow of keeping everything casual, I started to develope some feelings for Rocky. Aside from being easy on the eyes, he was always saying the right things. And while someone as intelligent as I would have normally been able to immediately see through this facade as complete bullshit, I was coming off of an extremely unhealthy correspondence with McRugby and those pretty words Rocky was feeding me was exactly what I wanted/needed to hear.

I knew from the first moment that I met him, that Rocky was a complete and total player. He was definitely going to end up playing the role of the Pool Boy at work. Part of me didn't care and figured I could get the instant gratification I needed, and the other part of me hoped, as most women do, that I could change his ways and turn him into the man I thought he should be.

In addition to my stealth pursuit of Rocky, the other men at work began to take notice of me. I felt like the Prom Queen at work. For years I'd been haunted by the giant caboose sitting atop of my legs, and despite the words of Sir Mix-A-Lot, I'd never been able to truly own and appreciate my fabulous ghetto booty. But having a butt is apparently all the rage down here. One of the guys still says to me on a nightly basis that I need to put that thang away.

But I digress.

So Rocky was not the commitment type. From the moment I met him I knew he was a flirt who just loved women and sex. We'd had discussions at length about what we wanted from one another (we decided on nothing (I was lying, because despite my new cool and casual facade, I was still deep down, all about relationships)), and reached a mutual understanding. But deep down, I hoped that things would evolve. I didn't sleep with him immediately, there was a period of coy courtship, but I finally succumbed. It was decent, good skills without major duration. I figured the next time might yield better results.

Only there wasn't going to be a next time.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

I hate to say it, but you were a victim of dickmatization.

It sucks. We've all been there, and we will all continue to be there.

I just wish there were a way to turn it off.

Carrie said...

You live and learn I guess. The ironic thing is, he totally just got played by some other chick at work. He fell really hard for her and she totally rebuffed him. He's now walking around in a funk with tears in his eyes and it's actually really pathetic.

I mean, don't get me wrong, we're still really good friends and I hate to see him hurting, but there's always something to be said for karma. Not too nice to be shit on when you really care for someone, is it?