Monday, October 02, 2006

Holy crap, Google has SO not failed me now!

There are so many guys at work. There's a new one. (And I haven't even mentioned the one I like the most yet! The perfect guy, the one who unfortunately has a girlfriend but who is like my other half -- I'll call him Seamus for future reference.)

This new guy started a few weeks after me, and now sits near me. We didn't talk for awhile, other than a smile or asking an occasional question, but after he and Seamus and I started talking one day, it clicked. And the two of us started randomly emailing each other.

What should I call him? Hmmm, this is tough.

The emails are mostly short, funny things. It's cute because his cubicle is right by mine and we can stand and see each other. All we have to do is talk and we hear each other. The emails are kind of covert, which is nice. And they're flirtatious. Increasingly flirtatious.

He is somewhat my type -- not entirely, though. The first thing I noted about him was that he's the same nationality as Round! He's not skinny, but he's NOWHERE as big as Round was. He's very tall, dark and has the kind of cute face that just makes you smile when you see him.

We have a pretty good amount in common, too. Aside from growing up in the same area and going to similar colleges, we also have one big mutual passion. My absolute favorite thing to do in the world is his as well. (No, not sex!) We have a similar sense of humor. And at the end of the day, we've been leaving and walking back to the subway together -- just the two of us. And it never gets weird or awkward.

So tonight I took the next natural step: I googled him.

And I COULD NOT BELIEVE WHAT I SAW.

I was IMing Carrie when I found out. Her reaction:

shoe gal: whaaaaaaaaaaat?
shoe gal: DO HIM!
shoe gal: MARRY HIM!
shoe gal: GET SOME MONEY!
shoe gal: and share it with me :-P

I hereby christen him GoogleJackpot.

GoogleJackpot is part of a famous family. A very famous family. I can't say anything more than that. As you can see by Carrie's reaction, this means he has access to a lot of money. Fame is in there too, as well as infamy.

He's not directly part of the family; he's related by marriage. But that doesn't matter.

What matters is that if I marry him and it's a slow news week, I could be in People Magazine.

(Is it bad that that's the first thing I thought of? I don't even think marriage is for me!!)

Also, I know that this is definitely him. Several of the sources I saw online matched up details about him that I know are true, like when and where he went to college.

What's weird is that I kind of wish I hadn't found this out. I now have to carry around the burden!! I really want to tell someone at work. But I can't tell anyone that I was obsessive enough to google GoogleJackpot! The only person who has noticed anything between me and GoogleJackpot is Seamus, who sent me an email today saying "Stop office pimpin'!" I hadn't discussed GoogleJackpot with anyone. It's new, and it's at the office.

And I can't tell GoogleJackpot himself. Besides the fact that he would think I was a stalker, I'm sure he wants people to see him for who he is before finding out about his family. It would change too much.

So I guess I should keep quiet for awhile.

I can trust Seamus. Maybe I'll tell him.

Nobody else.

Holy crap, I have to increase the flirtation 3000%. Who knows where this could go?!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

The People magazine thing was one of the first things that came to my mind too! Not to mention the possibility of a name-drop onto the E! True Hollywood Story!

About that whole married into fame and riches thing, it doesn't matter at all that he wasn't born into the family. Look at Nicole fuckin' Richie, that anorexic little celebutante!

Again, I must reiterate: TAP THAT!

Miranda said...

Seriously, this is AMAZING news. Please, increase flirtation ASAP.

Also, I would not tell anyone in the office, despite how tempting it may seem at the time. Gossip in the office spreads like wildfire. Even if someone swears to secrecy, it's in our human nature to tell one another things. And it would not be cool for GoogleJackpot to find out that you knew this info and decide to increase your flirtation because of this. At least think about it.