Sunday, November 05, 2006

Loving life!!!

Recently (this past), I've just been loving life. Probably because a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I have been working three part time jobs (around 20 hours some weeks when it's been insane, other weeks less), and one of them was particularly grating. I was working for a researcher and doing editing for her, but it also involved doing some photocopying and other mundane tasks. All for fucking $8 an hour. That's like one high-ball at a swanky bar.

I'm convinced she's bi-polar, since sometimes she is friendly and other times she goes completely psycho on me and will scream at me for stapling a document in the wrong way. Since when is there a wrong way to staple something???

After some discussion with the parentals and others, I decided to do something I don't usually do: quit. The job was so stressful and I would literally DREAD going...It would take me a good 15-20 minutes just to talk me into leaving my apartment. But now, I feel like a huge weight has been lifted. I have more time for projects, more time to spend with others in a social setting, and just time to enjoy life.

In other news, last night EVERYONE was making fun of me because I was the youngest one there, the youngest by 10 years in some cases. I was now the baby of the group. The dynamics of friendship have changed for me, since one of my close friends at school is 30. In high school and even in college, I had a lot of friends who were younger, but now I am in a completely reverse situation: all of my friends here are older. Isn't that weird?

That's about all I got. Sorry this post isn't that juicy.

In other news, I'm going to see SAMANTHA on Friday!!!! I can't wait!!! Carrie, I wish you could be with us too.

I love you girls...you're like the sistahs I've never had.

No comments: